Rivers, Lake and Falls – Oceanography ( Geography)
1. Which one of the following rivers has a cuspate delta?
2. Which one of the following is a true example of median mass?
A. Hungarian Plain
B. Indo-Gangetic Plain
C. Hwangho Plain
D. Danube Plain
3. Which one of the following rivers does not represent antecedent drainage?
4. What percentage of world’s freshwater is stored as glacial ice?
5. Niagara Fails is located between which of the following pairs of lakes?
A. Lake Superior and Lake Huron
B. Lake Huron and lake Erie
C. Lake Erie and lake Ontario
D. Lake Ontario and LAe huron
6. The portion of the earth’s surface convered with water is roughly_____
D. Three – fifth
7. The largest reserves of fresh water on the Earth’s surface in ___________
A. North America
B. South American
8. Which of the following oceans does not have a north south submarine ridge
A. Indian Ocean
B. Atlantic Ocean
C. Arctic Ocean
D. Pacific Ocean
9. Oceanic waves caused by an earthquake ate known as _____
10. Sargasso Sea is Characterized by:
A. Very cold water
B. Very warm water
C. Highly saline water
D. Typical marine vegetation
11. A nautical mile is equal to ______
A. 5060 feet
B. 5280 feet
C. 6060 feet
D. 6080 fee
Answers: 1. D 2. B 3. C 4. C 5. B 6. C 7. A 8.D 9. D 10. D 11. B